Dear Aunty,
Our office is a cube farm. Private offices are for directors only. My manager sits right behind me and is exceptionally LOUD, especially when he's on the phone. How do you "complain to the boss" about the boss?
Sign off Worker Bee
Reply :
Dear Bee,
Telling your boss he's bugging you is like swatting a hornet's nest with a baseball bat. Unless his behaviour is unethical or illegal, I'am afraid you're stuck with Mr Buzz. Try earplugs, cram in important phone calls during his lunch hours, and always do whatever you can to help your boss get promoted - in this case to a higher private office.
I remember suggestions from people who have similar problem in the work place with CO-WORKERS who disrupt the peace with their overly dramatic conversations, here's what else you can do :
- Play a radio softly
- Use earphones with a CD player
- Post a sign : Quiet Please - You are entering a Hospitable/library Zone
- White noise helps - try a fan
- Eat when he eats, moan when he moans, talk louder than he does.
Sad to say, some of my colleagues and I are in this kind of environment everyday and we constantly have to pray for a quieter moment so that we could complete our tasks on time too.
All of us faced issues/problems in our daily work life and by broadcasting them ain't going to help much too. Again, these people will defend themselves by claiming that these are their "Normal" talking volume or tone. I view it as a lame excuse and a reflection of their poor upbringing. (Hope these people don't do it at home too!)


3 comments:
hehehe.. so close to my heart too.
Hahaha, close to mine too!
Btw, can u share with me how u do those formatting? I can never get mine? U use the commands one izzit?
Maomie...Teaching u.. will cost u a dinner .. :P
knottymomo : I hv more interesting ones.. but in mandrian.. I need to perfect my hanyupinying in order to type all in.. :)
Post a Comment