August 23, 2009

Is life really fair?

Don't worry, I am not into any melodramatic mood despite a very cloudy and rainy Sunday. Kel and I were at Sgn Gdn Mkt eating bf this morning and from afar, we could hear songs blasting in the market. At first, I thought it was one of the stall holder's radio playing some nice songs for the morning crowds but as we searched for seats, the beautiful songs were actually sang by a blind man with his fully equipped sound system + an organ. He belt out Chinese, English and Hokkien oldies and pop songs in a breeze and we are truly amazed by his ability and sadden that he could only showcase his talents in this little market.

Kel commented that life is fair...cos heaven gave u a beautiful voice, it has to take away something from you. To me, heaven is not fair at all. There are alot of bad pple who are still getting away from all the bad deeds they hv done and still enjoying life and there are alot of pple who hv done nothing to harm anyone but they are suffering constantly. As we live long enough, we hv slowly learnt to be unkind, inconsiderate and selfish in our ways in order to protect ourselves.

Anyway, most probably I will be at the mkt again next Sunday. Appreciating and giving him a fair recognition of his talents.

0 comments: